On the day before your medical checkup
- You should avoid heavy drinking or overwork and we recommend you to relex and get enough sleep.
- Please fill out the questionnaire in advance and bring it with you to the medical checkup.
- Have a light meal before 7 pm
- You should not eat anything after 9 pm. (Including water, gum, or cigarette)
- Take a feces sample a day before the checkup if possible
- For those who have reserved a colonoscopy, we will provide you with a separate guideline for details on dietary attention and intake method for the bowel cleansing agent.
On the day of checkup
- Breakfast, cigarette, gum, etc. are all not allowed
- When visiting, please bring questionnaire, fecal sampling container, and glasses or contact lenses with you
- Urine test is also included in the checkup list so collect your sample after visiting the reception counter
- Blood pressure medicine, anticonvulsant: Take a sip of water in the morning of the checkup day (around 6 am).
- Diabetes medication (including insulin shots): insulin shots or any diabetes drugs should be discontinued from the start of fast.
- Please do not carry valuables with you.
- For those of childbearing potential, please verify your pregnancy status before the medical checkup.
- We recommend woman patients to have the checkup during non-menstrual period; and those who received hysterectomy need a gynecologic examination to verify any abnormality of endopelvic organs
- For a conscious sedation endoscope, a guardian should be accompanied and self-driving is not possible on the day.
- The diabetes drugs of metformin type (e.g., Diabex, Janumet, Glupa, Trajenta-duo, Amaryl-M) should be discontinued for 48 hours after the checkup if a contrast medium is applied in any of the tests.
- Antithrombotic drug, anticoagulants may lead to bleeding at endoscopic biopsy or polypectomy so those who take an anticoagulant must consult with his/her physician who prescribed the medication to check and follow whether to maintain or suspend its administration by a week before the checkup at latest and inform us on the day of checkup.
Example of antithrombotic drug
Aspirin Protect Tab
Example of anticoagulant